Franklin D. Roosevelt

Franklin D.  Roosevelt
Voices of reason, common sense & humanity

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Confessions of a beginning blogger

I begin this endeavor hoping that I may eventually reach many people, but also with an admission that even if no one reads my words but me, it will bring me some sense of satisfaction.  I don't claim to have all the answers to the multitude of issues our country and world face, but I do have years of experience studying social phenomena through the prism of historical study and teaching.  I believe I have something necessary and important to add to the serious issues now confronting us (even if no one else agrees with me).  As I sit here writing this our country is in a frightening place, the likes of which I have never seen in my lifetime.  We have a huge economic crisis (that may be getting bigger), political paralysis that makes it unlikely that Americans can expect help from Washington anytime soon, two incredibly destructive wars (both in terms of human life and economic cost), and a whole host of other major problems.  This blog was started because I must speak out on these issues even if I am the only one that listens.  I will make no pretense to neutrality (not a requirement for bloggers), though I will try to be fair.  To give an example just as a starter, with plenty more to come, I think it is quite clear that though President Obama has offered poor leadership in his term in office to date, what I find truly terrifying and astonishing is how the Republican extreme right (especially the self-proclaimed Tea Party) is promoting ideas and policies that will not only fail to solve our problems, but that actually make those problems worse.  A clear and informed reading of history (which the Tea Party claims to know so much about) should make that readily apparent.  Much more to come as the days progress.  WAKE UP AMERICANS.  THIS IS YOUR COUNTRY. YOU HAVE ACCESS TO INFORMATION AND YOU HAVE A VOICE.  All OF OUR FUTURES HANG IN THE BALANCE. EDUCATE YOURSELVES AND MAKE THAT VOICE HEARD!

No comments:

Post a Comment